Pages

Thursday 5 May 2016

Natural Blender review

I bought a breville blend active a while ago and have been making mainly yoghurt and banana based smoothies with a teaspoon of spirulina to give it a boost. These are great for when I'm busy of if I have to leave the house early. After using an app called Lifesum I realised that my "healthy" smoothie wasn't actually as healthy as I thought!

So how do you try a range of different smoothies without having to invest in all the different "superfoods" and "booster" ingredients I keep hearing about? Where do you start? 

So I decided to give natural blender a go, particularly as I found an offer that took £10 off the first 2 boxes.

As with most subscription services, it was easy to sign up and within 5 minutes I had set up a fortnightly subscription (I didn't want weekly in case I got overloaded with fruit and hadn't made them all!). My box arrived as promised on saturday morning.







I unpacked my box straight away and was pleased to see everything was packaged well and all the recipe cards and instructions were included.


Kale-Idascope -The first smoothie was interesting, in that it contained kale, as well as a plum, blueberries and almond butter.

Thai'd Up - The second smoothie was my favourite as im a fan of fruity flavours. it was made of mango, banana, bok choy, lemongrass and coconut and topped up with coconut milk which made it super creamy. I will definately be making this one again




Blueberry  Burst -  I was looking forward to the third smoothie because I’m a blueberry fan but was a bit disappointed that the addition of nuts made this one a bit gritty. I find this with kiwi seeds as well. maybe i need a more powerful blender but i prefer smooth smoothies.

Morning Sunshine - I had the same issue with the fourth smoothie, I had no problem with the spinach but the Hazelnuts again made the texture less pleasant.


The People vs OJ - The final smoothie was a fruity orange based drink and was very refreshing, again the texture was very bitty but it did have a whole raw carrot in it which i dont think blends very well!



Overall I was happy with the box, as its a great way to try things I would otherwise have never bought; such as lucuma or maca powder. I will wait for the second discounted box before deciding wether to keep subscribing. 

I will also try to cost up the ingredients in the this box and the next one to see if its good value.

No comments:

Post a Comment