Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Hello Fresh!

Hello Fresh is advertised as a high quality service for busy people. Every week(or fortnight if you choose) they will send you a box of ingredients and recipe cards. Everything you need to prepare fresh meals in about half an hour. You are expected to have salt, pepper, oil and butter otherwise everything you need is provided.

I decided to try this service with a discount code for my first order. (use Z3548X to get £20 off)

Hello Fresh - 3 meals for two people

 

How easy was it to order?

The website is modern, clean and very clear.  Navigating the site you can find out about Hello Fresh, what to expect in your box and even free access to their recipes.

Ordering is a simple as clicking "try now", enter your postcode and select your box choice (3 meals, 5 meals or 3 vegetarian  meals. Next choose how many people you are feeding, how often you want a box. I chose a 3 meal box for 2 people once a fortnight. This option is £39 for 3 meals but you can get a £20 discount on your first delivery.

Finally register your details, enter the payment bits and enter your discount coupon (£20 off!).
I've included my code below but if you have a friend subscribed you can use theirs and both benefit!

Delivery and Packaging

My box arrived as promised on Tuesday. It was packaged in a sturdy box, with wool insulation and ice packs. 

The wool is used as an eco-friendly option and can be used for composting etc. if you remove the plastic wrap. The box as you would expect can be recycled in your household recycling bin


What's in the box?

My box included recipes for Tiger Prawn Linguine with Chilli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes, The Ferrari of Orange Beef stir Fries, and grilled Lamb Pittas with Cucumber Salsa and Summer Salad.

I was also please to receive a complimentary bar of chocolate with my first delivery!

The ingredients were well packaged down to the little brown bag of bits and pieces such as chilli flakes, soy sauce and brown sugar.

Everything lasted well ecept for my pitta bread which went mould on the 3rd day but HelloFresh customer service apologised and gave me £5 off my next box.

I will post my  cookery attempts separately!


Ratings

 Delivery - Free delivery but only on a set day
Packaging - Lots of packaging but most is recyclable 

Quality & Taste - Really good quality ingredients 
despite my pitta going mouldy!

Value for Money - Quite pricey for the average family but not bad considering the effort involved in sourcing ingredients and cost of eating out.

Other comments: I liked that this service encouraged me to try recipes that I wouldn't usually try and new ingredients which I wouldn't usually buy.


     Overall Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment