Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2012

The Ferrari of Zesty Orange Beef Stir Fry

This is my second recipe from Hello Fresh! it's really a different take on a recipe I usually cook at home. Usually I would buy ready cut up beef, some veg and a sauce but this recipe has a lot more flavour and isn't as tricky as it looks.
200g Flank Steak, 1 Orange, 2 nests of Egg Noodles, 80g Mange Tout, 1 teaspoon Muscavado Sugar, 2 cloves of Garlic, knob of Ginger, 1 Lime, 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds, 4 tablespoons of Cornflour, 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce, 1 Red Chilli

As with the Tiger Prawn Linguine recipe, first I chopped up the ingredients; chilli, garlic and ginger. The skin of the ginger can be peeled off with a spoon(!) before chopping. Zest a quarter of a teaspoon of orange and squeeze half the juice. Next I mixed together the orange juice, zest, soya sauce, and sugar in a small bowl.

I then sliced the beef thinly and coated in cornflour with a pinch of salt and pepper before stir frying the beef for 2 minutes and taking off the heat. Boil the noodles in a pan of hot water for four minutes. Finally cook the ginger, garlic, chilli and mange tout for 2 minutes before adding the beef, noodles and sauce.

Mix it all up and serve with the sesame seeds sprinkled on top!

Result:

Again Hello Fresh! delivered a dish full of flavour. The ginger really stands out and this time I didn't add too much spice as the fresh chilli was quite mild and I removed the seeds! (leave the seeds in if you like a bit of kick)

Recipe Score:

I could have made something similar with a ready made sauce but the ginger and fresh chilli are worth adding.

1 comment:

  1. Very great recipe! I will try this easy stir fry, because it looks very delicious and the ingredients of it are very affordable. I wish lots of people can see this post especially for those who really wants to cook a delicious food.

    ReplyDelete