Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

Fresh Week - Plan


If fresh week is about buying the right food then I win!

Unfortunately it's not! So today as planned I received a Veg box from Abel and Cole and also ordered some bread flour and yeast.

Now comes the tricky bit; planning a week of healthy meals from my fridge and box!

Plan A:


Monday: Dinner is already sorted as I have a HelloFresh! meal ready to make from scratch of Matador chicken and chorizo casserole with crushed new potatoes. For Lunch I am going to make myself a fresh roll with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, ham and cheese (I know the ham and cheese aren't organic/handmade etc but they're in the fridge!)

Tuesday: First hurdle; I'm out all day and not home till after 10 due to work events! I'm thinking make bread in the morning to atone for my sins later on? Healthy pack-up with said bread and carrot sticks then I'll have to make do with whatever buffet is served at the evening meeting

Wednesday: Home-made pizza with peppers, onions and chicken for dinner. The pizza dough is from the Tesco make it at home range but still better than frozen or ready made bases plus I can put all my own fresh toppings on top!

Thursday: I'm concerned that my lovely fresh food will not stay fresh! I have some carrots and  leeks in the fridge and the veg box potatoes are piling up so i think I will have a soup session. Leek and potato for the fridge and carrot and coriander for this evening with some homemade rolls.

Friday: Starting to struggle for ideas now, I'm not one of these people who can make a box of vegetables into a main meal easily. Maybe a vegetable stir fry with the spring greens, peppers and carrot with soy sauce and chicken stock for flavour and seasoning.

Saturday: Leek and Potato soup for lunch,  Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with salad and potatoes.

Sunday: Dinner at the in-laws, usually a roast or casserole made from scratch.


Making the plan took a little more effort than I thought but there's nothing on there which is unachievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment