Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Fresh week - Day 2

I knew day 2 would be difficult being out all day and evening.

I made some bread dough on Monday night by combining 500g flour with a teaspoon of quick yeast, 300mls warm water and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. I then kneaded until smooth and left overnight in the fridge in an oiled bowl covered in cling film.

Tuesday morning it had doubled in size so I knocked out the excess air and shaped into a loaf tin. I then left for an hour to rise for a second time before putting in the oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 25 minutes. The result was lovely but still a little doughy in the middle. I will try again but leave to rise a little longer and bake for longer.

Lunch was a panini from costa coffee, clearly freshly made, but not by myself.

Dinner was a sad affair of buffet sandwiches and coffee but I did avoid the Danish pastries!

All in all not a prefect day but not a fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment