Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Abel & Cole

Having already tried the Riverford Organic Veg Boxes for about a year I though I'd try out the other big competitor on the market; Abel and Cole.

How easy was it to order?

Another easy to use website. Select a box, enter your details and your away. You can also add preferences to your account so as well as building a dislike list  you can also rate the veg in your upcoming box.


If you add vegetables to your dislike list they will replace them with items you do like where possible!


 

Delivery and Packaging



On Monday my box arrived before I was even up! at 7:30am a slip of paper through my letterbox indicated that my box had been left in my garage as asked.

My box was tied up with string in a re-usable box and for my first week contained a recipe book!


 

 

What's in the box?

 

For £15 a gourmet veg box feeds two people a few more interesting items than you may find in your usual boxes.
On opening my box I found cherry tomatoes, lettuce, chard, a green pepper and tender-stem broccoli. I could see my beans and beetroot had been replaced with fennel and globe artichokes.

.


Ratings  
Delivery - Early delivery, on a set day, but they do charge 99p

Packaging - Minimal packaging, collected and re-used by farm

Quality & Taste - Nice quality fresh vegetables although I still have no idea how to prepare a globe artichoke!

Value for Money - Expect to pay more for organic


Other comments: It was great to be able to tell them what you don't like and have it substituted. A bit pricey for every week

     Overall Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment