Pages

Friday 7 September 2012

Chicken and Chorizo Paella

Here's another HelloFresh! dish I enjoy but wouldn't usually cook at home. The key to this recipe seemed to be to keep the pan hot and keep stirring everything until you add the stock.

4 Chicken Thighs, 60g Diced Chorizo, 200g Basmati Rice, 60g Cherry Tomatoes, 1 Red Pepper, 2 Garlic Cloves, 1 Lemon, 600mls Chicken stock (made from stock cube) 1 Sprig Rosemary, 10g Parsley

First I chopped up all my ingredients. Slice the red pepper, finely dice the garlic and parsley and halve the tomatoes. I cut the chicken thighs into chunks and browned them in a little oil on a high temperature. The recipe said to use a frying pan (not a pan) I didn't think mine was big enough so used my risotto pan instead (Yes I have a risotto pan, No I don't make lots of risotto, it was a gift!) which is also hand if you need a crispy top on anything as it has metal handles and can go in the oven.

Once the chicken was brown all over I set it to one side and added a little more oil to cook the peppers and tomatoes until soft and slightly caramelised. Add the garlic, rosemary and chorizo, cook for a few more minutes and then add the rice and half the parsley.

I waited until the rice absorbed most of the oil then poured in the stock and the cooked chicken. Stir well and leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.

Serve with the remaining parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Result:


The lemon really dominates this picture but it was actually a huge deep bowl of paella. Lots of lovely flavours and the chicken was very moist as it finished cooking through in the stock.



Recipe Score:

 



This recipe took longer than the stated 35 minutes but was worth the time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment