Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

Tahini Crusted Cod with Tomato Salad

This is an Israeli recipe from my second Gousto box. Gousto lets you choose your meals so this time I tried to pick some recipes I may not have tried before.

200g Cod, 50g Tahini paste, 120g Yoghurt, 1 Tomato, 1 Lemon, 1 Onion,2 Garlic cloves, 150g Cherry Tomatoes, 20g Parsley,10g Sumac, 5g Baharat.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.

First I chopped everything up!

The onion should be thinly sliced, Parsley roughly chopped, Garlic and fine as you can get it and the tomato halved, de-seeded and chopped finely.

Next I mixed the Yoghurt, Tahini paste and Baharat in a bowl with the juice of half of the lemon, taste it and season with salt.

Then I put the chopped tomato, half the onion, half the parsley and all the garlic on a baking tray, mixed it up a bit then placed my cod on top.

Sprinkle with a teaspoon of the Sumac, saving the rest for later, and then topped with the yoghurt and Tahini mixture.

Pop the tray in the oven for 15 minutes.

For the Tomato salad I took the remaining sliced onion and parsley and mixed it with the cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) and the juice of the other half of my lemon. Mix and add the Sumac and some salt.

Serve once the fish is cooked through.


Result:

Another new experience, Very different flavours than I am used to but very nice. The raw onion was a bit overpowering in the tomato salad but the lemon juice and sumac made a lovely dressing.


Recipe score:

No comments:

Post a Comment