Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Lamb & Rosmary Linguine with Artichoke

I don't often cook or order lamb but when I do I always enjoy it so was glad to see a recipe which included not only lamb but also artichokes which I have only ever had as part of a mezze platter or tapas type dish. This was another Gousto recipe.

180g Lamb (missing from picture, it was in the fridge!), 1 Vegetable stock cube, 12g Rosemary, 1 red onion, 170g Linguine, 2 garlic cloves, 175g artichoke hearts




As always I started by chopping everything up! So finely chop the garlic and slice the onion thinly into those nice half rings.

The lamb was chopped into small cubes, you can include all the fat as it cooks down nice an softly unlike beef fat which can be chewy.

Then I heated a pan on the hob with a little oil and added the garlic and onions. once soft the lamb went in and cooked until sealed and brown.




Next I boiled the kettle added 300mls of boiling water to my pan and half the stock cube, plus the sprigs of rosemary.

With the rest of the water from the kettle I filled a medium sized pan with boiling water and cooked the linguine.

The artichokes were then rinsed and chopped roughly before adding to the pan with the lamb and stock, season and allow to simmer, you can put your feet up for 10 minutes at this point. once the linguine is cooked, drain it and add to the meat and vegetables.

Stir well and serve!

Result:



this was one of the easiest and tastiest dishes I have tried so far. The lamb was lovely and tender and the whole thing had lots of flavour.

I will definitely make this again.

Recipe score:

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. This week's Food on Friday is all about lamb! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole, I'm all for learning new recipes for old favourites so glad to see Lamb as your friday food!

    ReplyDelete