Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Mouthwatering Minestrone with Cannellini Beans and fresh Focaccia

As promised here is a recipe that the vegetarians can make as well. The version I have mad contains pork but it is just as nice without the pork and still a heart filling meal. The ammounts below are advised by HelloFresh but I double up on it as there were a lot of "half"s which would be left over!

40g Macaroni, Half a Leek, 1 clove of Garlic, Half a Carrot, 80g Potato, Half a stick of celery, 50g Green Beans, Half a tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 Vegetable stock cube, 1 tbsp tomato puree, Half a tin Cannellinni beans, 1 Tbsp Parsley, A chunk of Focaccia ( Optional - 4 Sausages, 1 tbsp parmesan)
As always I first chopped everything up; The potato and carrot needed to be peeled and chopped in to cubes, the leek and celery sliced into 1cm chunks and the garlic was finely chopped. The green beans were sliced into 3rds.

First I heated a pan with a little oil and added the leeks and garlic. I then boiled a pot of water and added the pasta.

Once the leeks were soft I added the tinned tomatoes, 800mls of water, the stock cube and all the chopped vegetables.

I then left it to simmer for 10 minutes. Take the pasta off and drain once cooked.

I was using sausage, so I removed the skins and cooked in a frying pan until brown.

Next I drained and rinsed the cannellini beans before adding to the soup, I also added the pasta at this point (add the sausage now if using).

Finally I turned the oven on to about 100 degrees Centigrade and popped in the focaccia bread.

Once the bread was warmed through everything was smelling delicious and ready to eat!

Serve with parsley on top. (and parmesan if not vegi! you could also use a vegetarian cheese)

Result:



A lovely mouthwatering minestrone as promised. may be a little wasteful if not doubling up the recipe.


Recipe score:





No comments:

Post a Comment