Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Roasted Coconut Cod with Shiitake Mushrooms, Mange Tout and Egg Noodles

Another HelloFresh! recipe, I've had  dried shiitake mushrooms in my cupboard for ages so I'm glad to see a dish that finally uses them!

This one is Japanese, so I'm continuing my journey of dishes from around the world!

2 Cod fillets, 2 nests of Egg Noodles, 50g Mange tout, 60g Shiitake Mushrooms, 1 Tbsp of Coconut powder, 1 Lime, 5g fresh Ginger, 1 Tsp of red chilli, 1 chicken stock cube, 1 Tbsp of Soya Sauce

First I put the grill on high then, as always, I started chopped up my ingredients. The Chilli was sliced in half, de-seeded then finely diced. The mushrooms were roughly chopped and the ginger was sliced into little match sticks.
(You can peel your ginger with a spoon, use a firm scraping motion)

In a bowl I then combined the coconut powder, 3 teaspoons of olive oil, the zest of half the lime (I just used the fine grating bit on my cheese grater), the ginger and chilli. Then I added the juice of half the lime and a bit of salt and pepper.

I then coated my cod on both sides with the mixture and popped on a baking tray under the grill  for 8 minutes.

To make the noodles I put 600mls of boiling water in a pan on the hob and added the stock cube. Once dissolved I added the noodles and Soya sauce. After a minute I then added the mange tout and mushrooms and let simmer for 3 minutes.

Using a slotted spoon I removed the noodles and veg and put them in bowls to serve, by then the fish was ready so I placed it on top before adding a cup of the noodle liquid to finish.

Result:

The fish was nice and flavoursome but the best part was the noodles!

I think I could have eaten a bowl of the noodles on their own and they were so sinple to make, I will have to keep a bottle of soya sauce in future.

Recipe Score:

No comments:

Post a Comment