Pages

Thursday 18 October 2012

Speedy Chicken Kiev with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli

This is another HelloFresh! recipe with new ingredients. I've never had much success with sweet potatoes so was a bit worried that I would end up with mushy sweet potato chunks at the end but this went better than I thought.
 If you've enjoyed the Hello fresh recipes you have seen so far then you can download a whole book of them at: http:///hellofreshrecipes.co.uk/recipe-book-download/






2 Chicken breasts, 400g Sweet potato, 350g Broccoli, 2 Cloves of Garlic, 20g Breadcrums, 2 tblsp cream cheese, 1 tsp italian herbs



As we have all learnt by now the first task is to put on the oven and chop up all the ingredients.

The oven needs to be heated to 190 degrees.

The broccoli should be separated into florets, sweet potatoes into wedges and the garlic finely chopped.

The sweet potato needs plenty of time to roast so toss this in some oil with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and pop onto the top shelf of the oven.

Next I mixed together the cream cheese, quarter of the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.

I made a slit in the fattest end of the chicken breasts and using my fingers made a large enough hole to squish my cream cheese mixture into. This was quite messy but don't worry, it its really not working well extend the slit down the side a little as long as you get most of your mixture inside the chicken.

Once the chicken was filled I mixed the remaning garlic, bread crumbs and italian herbs in a bowl and rolled my chicken in it so it was well coated. I then popped them onto a tray and put them in the oven for  25 minutes.

Keep an eye on the sweet potato so that it doesn't burn but try not to move the wedges around too much unless you have to, that when it gets broken up!

Finally I steamed the broccoli in a steamer, if you don't have one you can use a metal colander on top of a pan of water with the lid on top!


And Serve!

 

Result:


The chicken was lovely and moist, the sweet potato was crispy and the broccoli tasted nice and fresh.

This recipe was actually easier than I thought so I definately wont be buying ready made, hollow kieves in future!

 

 

Recipe score:

No comments:

Post a Comment